Monday, 27 July 2009

Day 57 - Fish and chips with style


Fish and chips with style
A classier take on a kiwi classic: fish and chips wrapped in newspaper

This was my Secret Santa gift at Saturday's mid-winter Christmas party. Actually, it was the third of my gifts but, being a Yankee swap, I had two gifts ungraciously stolen from right in front of my nose! The first was a gorgeous toy sheep, which baaed when you squeezed it. This was ultimately 'stolen' three times and the third 'thief' reigned supreme as the winner. My second gift was a reusable fold-up shopping bag (which I never imagined would be stolen, but Mr Practical decided it was perfect for him). Finally, I went in search of something which had caught my eye earlier: this cute porcelain French fries cup with matching sauce bowl.

6 comments:

  1. How cute are they?!? Is the end of August too late to do a mid-winter Christmas party? I would love to do one for my house warming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our mid-winter Christmas party in June, ie six months til Christmas. This weekend's one was thrown by an American couple who go all-out every July, ie the middle of winter. If it were up to me, I'd have them all year round, except in December ... it's certainly less stressful and more fun than when the real event rolls around!

    Oh, and congrats on the house! How exciting for you, and a wonderful thing to look forward to! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you allowed to steal gifts on the real Christmas in December? Or only during your mid-winter Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome! So neat! I LOVE fish and chips!

    I never liked the stealing gifts game... we did it once and it didn't appeal to me at all. There was another version that we played at one point... people had to guess who brought it according to the person's initial and what the item started with. Got quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Chef Ramu - I'm not sure I can help you there. Perhaps search online for somewhere you can order them from? Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say cheese!